Man convicted by Bucks County jury of shooting group of people in Bristol Township

A 22-year-old man was found guilty by a Bucks County jury on Wednesday, May 11, 2022 of shooting a group of people including a 4-year-old child during a November 2019 encounter in Bristol Township.

Sysco Schruby, of Bristol, was found guilty of two counts of aggravated assault – attempt to cause grievous bodily harm, a first-degree felony; two counts of aggravated assault – attempting to cause serious bodily harm with a deadly weapon, a second degree felony; one count of carrying a firearm without a license, a third degree felony; one count of possession of an instrumentality of crime, a first degree misdemeanor; and six counts of recklessly endangering another person, a second-degree misdemeanor.

The guilty verdict comes after a three-day trial before Commons Plea Judge Jeffrey L. Finley. Sentencing was postponed to a later date.

Charges were brought against Schruby in March 2021, following an investigation into the November 22, 2019 shooting by the Bristol Township Police Department, Bucks County Detectives and the County Inquiry Grand Jury of Bucks.

During closing arguments, Assistant District Attorney Edward M. Louka told the jury that Schruby shot a group of people, including a 4-year-old child, at least twice because he felt disrespectful about an earlier argument, he had a drink outside. store at 1100 Green Lane in Bristol Township.

“This should not have happened had it not been for the actions of the defendant,” Louka said.

Louka presented surveillance video as evidence that captured the entire incident, starting with Schruby and his friends entering the beverage store and leaving.

Outside, Schruby met a man he knew and a group of the man’s friends.

The video showed Schruby and the man exchanging words and then walking away from each other, with Schruby continuing to yell at the man’s group during a heated argument in the parking lot.

Schruby got into the back passenger seat of a silver Honda Accord, showed the video, and the car then drove past a parked vehicle where the man was reunited with his girlfriend, 4-year-old child and three others.

As the car passes, Schruby’s arm can be seen reaching out the rear passenger window and firing two to three times at the group gathered around the parked vehicle. Schruby then fired another shot before fleeing the parking lot.

No one was hit, but surveillance video showed a shot going through the windshield of a parked vehicle.

During the trial, Schruby claimed he did not fire the gun, although he admitted, and video surveillance showed, that he was sitting in the back passenger seat – of the same aside, an arm could be seen extending out the window holding a gun and shooting in the direction of the group. Schruby also claimed someone else may have fired the gun, but he was ducking and couldn’t see who.

Louka described Schruby’s testimony as a “fictitious story”.

The shooting was investigated by the Bristol Township Police Department and Bucks County Detectives and prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Edward M. Louka.

Media Contact: Manuel Gamiz Jr., 215.348.6298,

About Jessica J. Bass

Check Also

Last inmate of a group that escaped from Virginia federal prison has been recaptured

AAll four of the inmates who escaped from a federal compound in Virginia are back …