SUNRISE, Florida. – The Mega South Florida job fair is being held this week in Broward County and organizers say there are more than 9,500 jobs available from 100 different employers.
The job fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 25 at the FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Center) at One Panther Parkway in Sunrise.
The event is free, as is parking, but attendees are asked to pre-registration for the online event.
Some of the companies at the job fair include the Florida Panthers/FLA Live Arena, the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood, and American Express.
Employers from the medical, insurance and travel industries are also expected to be at the fair looking for workers, organizers say.
Here are some tips from JobsNewsUSA on how to prepare for the job fair:
• Dress professionally as if you were attending a job interview.
• Practice your personalized pitch which should summarize your skills and experience.
• Make a good first – and lasting – impression on every recruiter.
• Bring several copies of your updated resume or work history to the event.
Health and safety instructions:
• As a participant, you must wear a mask at all times.
• Refrain from shaking hands with employers.
• Use hand hygiene stations throughout the site.
• If you are sick, do not go.
Copyright 2022 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.