NOTICE No. 020/2022
OPEN CALL FOR RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION UNDER THE CONDITIONS PROVIDED BY THE ALGARVE UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP REGULATIONS
TITLE: Licenciado Research Fellowship 4 Fellowships
A call is now open for four research fellowships within the Interdisciplinary Center for Archeology and Evolution of Human Behavior (ICArEHB), UIDP/04211/2020 IHC TICO PROGRAM, funded by the FCT Foundation for Science and Technology, through national funds, with the following conditions:
Field of research : Archaeology, or similar
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree in archeology or a related field; fulfill all the requirements to enroll in the Master of Archeology at the University of the Algarve or be already enrolled; commit to conducting the master’s degree research project at the Interdisciplinary Center for Archeology and Evolution of Human Behaviour. Grants follow the University of Algarve Research Grants Regulations available at https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf.
Work plan: To be defined later on an individual basis, integrated into the research themes of the Interdisciplinary Center for Archeology and Evolution of Human Behaviour.
Applicable laws and regulations: Status of Scientific Researcher, approved by Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, conferred by Decree-Law 123/2019, of July 28and and the University of Algarve Research Grant Regulations available at https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf.
Place of work: The work will be developed at the ICArEHB at the University of Algarve, Faro, under the supervision of a researcher suitable for each specific case.
Duration of scholarship: The scholarship will have a first contract for a period of 6 months, starting on the 1st from October 2022. The scholarship contract can be renewed for up to 24 months, taking into account the availability of the UAlg research grant regulations at https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf
Amount of monthly alimony: The monthly alimony corresponds to 875.98 euros according to https://files.dre.pt/2s/2022/03/057000000/0023900239.pdf. Alimony will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
The selection criteria will be as follows: In accordance with the 2nd paragraph of Article 11 of the University of the Algarve Research Grants Regulations, the evaluation of applicants focuses only on the following criteria:
- Merit of the candidate (50%)
- Motivation letter (30%)
- Maintenance (20%)
The selection process will include an interview with the eight best candidates evaluated according to the above criteria, selected by the evaluation panel, which will have a maximum weight of 20%. Candidates who are not selected for an interview will have a weight of 80% in all other evaluation criteria.
The final ranking of the candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 20, with a notation going up to tenths of places.
The tender jury will be composed of the following members:
C lia Maria Alves Gon alves (Chair)
Ant nio Faustino de Carvalho (full member)
Ricardo Miguel Alves Correia Gondinho (full member)
Ana Isabel de Sousa Horta Dias Gomes (Substitute member)
Publication and notification of results: The final results will be published by means of a list ordered according to the final mark and displayed in a visible and public place of the ICArEHB and communicated to the candidates by e-mail to the addresses indicated by each candidate.
Deadline for submission of applications and submission forms: The call is open from 05/23/2022 for 06/13/2022.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
– Official ID (simple copy or legal equivalent). If you have a nationality other than Portuguese, you must present a residence permit, permanent residence certificate or long-term resident status, valid on the start date of the scholarship, each of which can be replaced, in its absence, by a declaration of commitment. However, one of the previous ones must be issued during the contracting phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the grant;
– Copy of the qualification certificates of the university degrees held, specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all the subjects taken;
– If the doctorate was issued by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the rules established in Legislative Decree no. 66/2018 of August 16, and all required formalities must be completed by the termination deadline for submitting the application. If the completed process is not found before the end of the application period, the candidate must prove that he has applied for recognition of the diploma.
– Curriculum vitae;
– Passport or identity card for European applicants (copy);
– Tax identification number (NIF), if you have a nationality other than Portuguese, it must be submitted during the scholarship contract phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the scholarship;
– Other documents deemed important
– The Application Form, dated and signed, must be addressed to the President of the Evaluation Jury (https://www.ualg.pt/sites/default/files/documentos/2021-06/anexo-iii-requerimento-para-candidatura-bolsa20200601.pdf) at the following address: ICArHEB, Universidade do Algarve, Gambelas Campus, 8005-139 Faro, Reference n 020/2022 or by email@example.com. If the application is sent by e-mail, the candidate must duly express his consent that all notifications concerning this application be sent to the e-mail address indicated.
Grant contract documents
– Supporting documents certifying that the candidate meets all the conditions required for this scholarship, namely the certificate of registration for a degree course or for postgraduate training;
– Declaration of the supervisor taking responsibility for the supervision of the work plan, in accordance with article 5 -A of the status of the scientific researcher, as well as ensuring the conditions necessary for the development of the work plan and in accordance with the article 13 of the status of Scientific Research Officer;
-Declaration of acceptance of the grant;
-Declaration of commitment specifying the exclusivity regime
Complaints and appeals Deadlines and procedures
On the decision to grant the research grant, the candidates may, if they wish, make observations on the hearing of the interested parties, within 10 working days, under the conditions provided for by the code of administrative procedure. .
Of the practice or omission of any act of the evaluation jury, candidates may lodge a complaint with the authority, within 10 working days.
The final decision of the evaluation committee can be appealed to the rector within 15 working days of the respective notification.
Scholarship contract With the selected candidates, and after having received all the required documentation, a scholarship contract will be signed in accordance with the attached model. Evaluation of the scholarship holder (s) At the end of each duration period of the scholarship contract, the activity developed by the scholarship holder(s) is evaluated by the thesis director, by applying the following criteria, in accordance with the attached model:
- Achievement of objectives – assess the level of achievement of results by the beneficiary, taking into account the work plan (75%);
- Behavioral skills – assess the personal characteristics highlighted during the evaluation period, namely those related to professionalism and rigor in all activities carried out (15%);
- Personal attitude – appreciation of the personal commitment and availability shown during the evaluation period, taking into account factors such as the effort made, the interest and motivation shown, as well as the receptivity to the recommendations of the support team (10%).
The University of Algarve reserves the right to cancel this application procedure if, by any means, the celebration of the contract with the funding entity is not established.
University of Algarve, 10and May 2017 Scientific Coordinator
Doutora Vera Aldeias