NOTICE No. 024/2022
OPEN CALL FOR RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION UNDER THE CONDITIONS PROVIDED BY THE ALGARVE UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP REGULATIONS
A call is now open for a research grant under the project PTDC/HAR-ARQ/0131/2020 Diaspora – As primeiras migra es humanas no vale do Nilo: a regi o de Kerma Durante o MSA, funded by PTDC da FCT with the following conditions:
Field of research : Archeology
Conditions of admission: MA in Archeology and Archaeological Field Experience in Pleistocene Sudanese Archaeology.
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree course of study or in a postgraduate course that does not confer a university degree, taught at the University of the Algarve, except in cases where there is no training offer at the UAlg in the field of competition.
Workplan: Field work and analysis of archaeological materials from the Kerma region, Sudan.
Applicable laws and regulations: Status of Scientific Researcher, approved by Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, conferred by Decree-Law 123/2019, of July 28and and the University of Algarve Research Grant Regulations
work place: The work will be developed at the ICArEHB of the University of Algarve, under the direction of Nuno Bicho.
Duration of grant: The grant will have a 12-month contract, starting October 1st2022, renewable for equal periods until the end of the project (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/152015732).
Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The monthly alimony corresponds to 1144.64 euros. Child support will be paid monthly by bank transfer (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/160312069).
The selection criteria will be as follows: In accordance with No. 2 of Article 11 of the FCT Research Grants Regulations, the selection criteria will be the CV and work and research experience with a score of 20 points.
The evaluation process may include an interview, for all or some of the candidates selected by the jury, weighing a maximum of 10% of the total score.
The tender jury will be composed of the following members:
– Nuno Bicho (President)
– Jo o cascalheira (Effective member)
– C lia Gon alves (Effective member)
– Ana Gomes (alternate member)
Publication and notification of results: The final results will be published by means of a list ordered according to the final mark and displayed in a visible and public place of the ICArEHB and communicated to the candidates by e-mail to the addresses indicated by each candidate.
Deadline for application and submission of forms: the call is open from 27/4/22 to 10/5/22.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Official ID (simple copy or legal equivalent). If you have a nationality other than Portuguese, you must present a residence permit, permanent residence certificate or long-term resident status, valid on the start date of the scholarship, each of which can be replaced, in its absence, by a declaration of commitment. However, one of the previous ones must be issued during the contracting phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the grant;
- Copy of the qualification certificates of the university degrees held, specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all the subjects taken;
- If the doctorate was issued by a foreign higher education institution, it must comply with the rules established in Legislative Decree no. 66/2018 of August 16, and all required formalities must be completed by the termination deadline for submitting the application. If the completed process is not found before the end of the application period, the candidate must prove that he has applied for recognition of the diploma.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Passport or identity card for European applicants (copy);
- Tax identification number (NIF), if you have a nationality other than Portuguese, it must be submitted during the scholarship contract phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the scholarship;
Other documents deemed important
- The application form, dated and signed, must be addressed to the president of the evaluation jury (https://www.ualg.pt/sites/default/files/documentos/2021-07/anexo-iii-requerimento-para-candidatura-bolsaen20210707.pdf) at the following address: Universidade do Algarve/ FCHS, Gambelas campus, 8005-139 Faro, Reference (project or call number) or by e-mail to email@example.com. If the application is sent by e-mail, the candidate must duly express his consent that all notifications concerning this application be sent to the e-mail address indicated.
- – Supporting documents certifying that the candidate meets all the conditions required for this scholarship, namely the certificate of registration for a degree course or for postgraduate training;
- – Declaration of the supervisor taking responsibility for the supervision of the work plan, in accordance with article 5 -A of the status of the scientific researcher, as well as ensuring the conditions necessary for the development of the work plan and in accordance with the article 13 of the status of Scientific Research Officer;
- -Declaration of acceptance of the grant;
- -Declaration of commitment specifying the exclusivity regime
Complaints and appeals Deadlines and procedures
On the decision to grant the research grant, the candidates may, if they wish, make observations on the hearing of the interested parties, within 10 working days, under the conditions provided for by the code of administrative procedure. .
Of the practice or omission of any act of the evaluation jury, candidates may lodge a complaint with the authority, within 10 working days.
The final decision of the evaluation committee can be appealed to the rector within 15 working days of the respective notification.
The University of Algarve reserves the right to cancel this application procedure if, by any means, the celebration of the contract with the funding entity is not established.
University of the Algarve, April 6and2022 Scientific coordinator
Doctor Nuno Bicho