TO REMARK No. 039/2022
OPEN CALL FOR RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION UNDER THE CONDITIONS PROVIDED BY THE ALGARVE UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP REGULATIONS
TITLE: Postdoctoral Fellowship
A call is now open for a post-doctoral research fellowship (BIPD) under the 101045506-FINISTERA-ERC-2021-COG project, funded by the European Research Council (ERC), with the following conditions:
Field of research : Archeology or related fields.
Admission requirements: Ph.D. in archeology or related fields; Experience in the isotopic analysis of Paleolithic fauna and field experience in Iberian contexts of the Middle Paleolithic. The scholarship follows the UAlg research scholarship regulations, available at https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf.
Work plan: The fellow will develop an isotopic analysis of faunal assemblages recovered from Middle Paleolithic sites in the southwestern Iberian Peninsula with the aim of reconstructing the paleoclimate and understanding the ecodynamics of Neanderthal populations in the region.
Applicable laws and regulations: Status of scientific researcher, approved by Law No. 40/2004, of 18e of August, conferred by Legislative Decree 123/2019, of July 28, and the regulations of Ualg research grants, available at https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf.
Place of work: The work will be developed at ICArEHB in UAlg, Faro, under the supervision of Dr. Jo o Cascalheira.
Duration of Fellowship: The fellowship will have an initial contract for a period of 12 months, starting on 1st from October 2022. The scholarship contract can be renewed for identical additional periods, up to 36 months, taking into account the regulations for research grants of the UAlg available in https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf
Amount of monthly alimony: The monthly alimony corresponds to 1,686.00 euros according to https://files.dre.pt/2s/2022/03/057000000/0023900239.pdf. Child support will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
The selection criteria will be as follows: Pursuant to the 2nd paragraph of article 11 of the UAlg Research Allowance Regulations, the evaluation of candidates relates only to the following criteria:
- Merit of the candidate (50%)
- Motivation letter (30%)
- Interview (to the top four candidates assessed against the above criteria) (20%)
Candidates who are not selected for an interview will have a weight of 80% in all of the other two evaluation criteria. The final ranking of the candidates is expressed on a scale from 0 to 20, up to one decimal place.
The tender jury is composed of the following members:
– Jo o Cascalheira (President)
– Nuno Bicho (full member)
– C lia Gon alves (Effective member)
– Ana Gomes (alternate member)
Publication and notification of results: The final results will be published by means of a list ordered according to the final mark, displayed in a visible and public place of the ICArEHB, and communicated to the candidates by e-mail to the addresses indicated by each candidate. .
Deadline for submission of applications and submission forms: The call is open from 06/24/2022 at 07/29/2022.
The following documents must accompany applications:
– Official ID (simple copy or legal equivalent). If you have a nationality other than Portuguese, you must present a residence permit, permanent residence certificate or long-term resident status, valid on the start date of the scholarship, each of which can be replaced, in its absence, by a declaration of commitment. However, one of the previous ones must be issued during the contracting phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the grant;
– Copy of the qualification certificates of the university degrees held, specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all the subjects taken;
– If a foreign higher education institution has issued the degrees, it must comply with the rules established in Legislative Decree no. 66/2018 of 16e of August, and all required formalities must be completed by the termination deadline for filing the application. If the completed process is not found before the end of the application period, the candidate must prove that he has applied for recognition of the diploma.
– Curriculum vitae;
– Motivation letter, maximum 500 words;
– Passport or identity card for European applicants (copy);
– Tax identification number (NIF). If you have a nationality other than Portuguese, this must only be submitted during the contracting phase of the scholarship, under penalty of forfeiture of the scholarship;
– Other documents deemed important
– The Application Form, dated and signed, must be addressed to the President of the Evaluation Jury (https://www.ualg.pt/sites/default/files/documentos/2021-06/anexo-iii-requerimento-para-candidatura-bolsa20200601.pdf) at the following address: ICArHEB, Universidade do Algarve, Gambelas Campus, 8005-139 Faro, Reference n 039/2022 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the application is sent by e-mail, the candidate must duly express his consent that all notifications concerning this application be sent to the e-mail address indicated.
Grant contract documents
– The supporting documents certifying that the candidate meets all the conditions required for this scholarship, namely the certificate of registration for a degree course or postgraduate training;
– Declaration of the supervisor taking responsibility for the supervision of the work plan, in accordance with article 5 -A of the status of the scientific research officer, as well as ensuring the conditions necessary for the development of the work plan and in accordance with Article 13 of the status of the scientific research officer Research officer;
-Declaration of acceptance of the grant;
-Declaration of commitment to the exclusivity regime
Complaints and appeals Deadlines and procedures
On the decision to grant the research grant, the candidates may, if they wish, make observations on the hearing of the interested parties, within 10 working days, under the conditions provided for by the code of administrative procedure. .
Of the practice or omission of any act of the evaluation panel, candidates may file a complaint within 10 working days.
The final decision of the evaluation committee can be appealed to the rector within 15 working days of the respective notification.
Scholarship contract With the selected candidate, and after having received all the required documentation, a scholarship contract will be signed according to the attached model. Evaluation of the scholarship holder (s) At the end of each period of duration of the scholarship contract, the activity developed by the scholarship holder(s) is (are) evaluated by the supervisor by applying the following criteria, according to the attached model:
- Achievement of objectives – assess the level of achievement of results by the beneficiary, taking into account the work plan (75%);
- Behavioral skills – assess the personal characteristics highlighted during the evaluation period, namely those related to professionalism and rigor in all activities carried out (15%);
- Personal attitude – appreciation of the personal commitment and availability shown during the evaluation period, taking into account factors such as the effort made, the interest and motivation shown and the receptivity to the recommendations of the evaluation team. accompaniment (10%).
The UAlg reserves the right to cancel this application procedure if, by any means, the celebration of the contract with the funding body is not established.
Universidade do Algarve, June 9, 2022 Scientific Coordinator
Dr. Jo o Cascalheira